Disney/Marvel cancels ‘The Avengers 2’ in 2019
Posted On July 10, 2021
Disney/ Marvel have announced that they have cancelled their planned Marvel sequel ‘The Marvels 2’.
The two-part series was originally scheduled to premiere on July 1, 2019.
Disney/Mashable/REX/ShutterstockThe decision came after Disney/Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Group (MPPG) revealed that the project had been pulled.
The announcement was made in a blog post by Marvel’s President of Production, Bob Iger, who said that Marvel’s plan for the sequel was to be focused on “a new generation of Avengers”.
The blog post continued: “We are in the final stages of developing The Avengers 2.
It is our hope that it will be released in 2019 and that it is a franchise that will be able to continue in the vein of Marvel’s first three films.”
Our focus at this point is to continue to bring the most popular characters to life as we know they will be.
It’s not about trying to do it all.
It doesn’t matter how great you are at something.
We are trying to make it work.
We look forward to bringing the next chapter of the saga to audiences worldwide.” “
The Avengers is the world’s greatest, most beloved comic book franchise, and we’re thrilled to continue the story with the world at its core.
We look forward to bringing the next chapter of the saga to audiences worldwide.”
The Avengers series is currently filming at Pinewood Studios in Louisiana.
The announcement came as a surprise to some fans of the films, but not everyone was happy about the news.
Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige commented: “As you may know, we are in discussions with Disney/Lucasfilm to make a sequel to ‘The Iron Giant’,” he said.
“As the next Avengers film is still a long way off, we’ll keep you posted. “
Update – Disney/Fox announced ‘Captain America: Civil War’ is ‘not for everyone’ article A new report claims the next Marvel movie, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, may not be as good as fans hoped. “
As the next Avengers film is still a long way off, we’ll keep you posted.
Update – Disney/Fox announced ‘Captain America: Civil War’ is ‘not for everyone’ article A new report claims the next Marvel movie, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, may not be as good as fans hoped.
The report by Forbes says that the upcoming Captain America sequel may be a poor entry for the box office.
According to Forbes, the movie will reportedly cost around $200 million.
The film is expected to make around $2.5 billion at the box offices.
However, according to the report, the budget will only be $120 million.
However, this will be the first time that Captain America movies have had a major budget overrun in their first two installments.
Forbes also says that Marvel Studios is currently planning to release the sequel to Captain America in 2019.
As previously reported, Marvel will make a $30 million budget reduction for The Winter Solider.